I wanted to have a final blog on my discoveries with CRM for tablets for CRM 2013. This blog will sum up understanding Navigation options, commands and how to handle form scripts for CRM for tablets.
Some References below from MSDN site
Changing Navigation Options for CRM for tablets:
It uses the same sitemap data as CRM web application.
If an entity is enabled for CRM for tablets and appears in the navigation bar for the web application, it will also appear on the navigation bar in CRM for tablets.
A grouping within an Area on the web client will be ignored. The CRM for tablets app will show the entities as a flat list.
The order of the items in the Nav bar is determined by the order in the site map. If there is a duplicate, the first instance will be the only one shown.
Custom entities will use a fixed custom entity icon.
Command bar for CRM for tablets:
It uses same information as on Ribbon for CRM web application.
Handling form Scripts for CRM for tablets:
Scripts written for forms used in the web application in should also work with CRM for tablets but there are some differences. As a rule, methods that are not valid within CRM for tablets will not throw errors, but they will also not return any values. Developers can use the following conditional statement to separate code that will not work correctly using CRM for tablets.
if (Xrm.Page.context.client.getClient() != “Mobile”)
//Code that should not run in CRM for tablets can be included here
The following list should help you understand what to expect:
· Using window.alert, window.confirm, window.prompt or any other code that blocks code execution will not work for CRM for tablets.
· Because web resources and IFRAMES in forms are not displayed in CRM for tablets any of the methods provided to interact with them will not work.
· Because CRM for tablets does not provide the ability for a user to switch to different forms, those methods that enable this in the web application will not work.
· Any methods that allow for showing or navigating to related entities in the web application will not work.
· Methods that would refresh the command bar, get dimensions of the view port, or close a form window will not work.
Hope it helps!