In this blog, we will learn how to pass parameters to Power automate from Canvas App.
While working with Canva App, many times we come across a situation where we need to perform some operations through Power Automate, In this blog, we will learn how to pass the parameters to Power automate from Canvas Apps by calling a Power Automate flow, passing parameters to the flow.
- Go to https://make.powerapps.com.
- Sign into power apps.
- Click on “Apps” from the left navigation panel.
- Open a Canvas app, if want you can create new one.
- In Canvas app.
- Click on “Insert.”
- Add “Text input‘ and “Button” to screen.
- Click on the power automate from left panel.
- Click on “Create new flow.”
- Create a new flow by clicking on “Create from blank.“
- Click on the “New Step.”
- Search for “Initialize variable.”
- Select “Initialize variable.“
- Rename step by “Email.”
- Select “String” in type.
- In value field add dynamic content by clicking on “Add dynamic content.“
- Click on “Ask in PowerApps” to get an dynamic content.
- Select “Email_Value” to get the email address which you will enter
- Add a new step.
- Search for “Outlook.”
- Select “Send an email (V2).”
- In this step add a dynamic variable content in “To.”
- Add dynamic content by clicking on “Add dynamic content.“
- Select “varEmail.”
- Add text value in “Subject” and “Body.”
- Save flow and test it.
- Now go to the Canvas app.
- Click on the button which you have added before.
- On the “OnSelect” property on button add this function.[‘Sendemailswithparameters’.Run(TextInput1.Text)]
- Save and publish your app.
- Now play your app.
- Add Mail id and test your flow.
Hope it helps!
Power 365ing as usual!
Any requirements, implementation or consulting work in Power Platform or Dynamics 365 – end user, Microsoft partner or an individual?
Problem Area – Technical, Functional, Training, Development or consulting?
Me and my team are here to assist, please fill the following form for your business needs: Click here