I have been getting mails on how to set up Server side Sync with Dynamics CRM. Now that I had the time, I quickly set up this step by step guide:
· First you need to go to Office 365 Console->Active Users
· Click on Edit license and Assign Office 365 E3 License or Exchnage plan to your office 365 user:
· Office 365 setup for the user is now complete. Next navigate to Settings->Email Configuration
· Once you navigate, you will see below screen. Navigate to Email server Profiles.
· Verify that the profile is already configured for you. Check Alerts, if any:
· Navigate back to Settings->Email Configuration->Mailboxes
· You will see below screen:
· Open up the mailbox record:
· Click on Test and Enable Mailbox, keep the checkbox checked. I will explain later why.
· I noticed an error, did I do something wrong, All Configuration test results are failure:
· Go to Alerts and you will see the reason. We need to approve Primary email for the mailbox.
· Click General and Approve Email:
· Test again, this time it is success:
· The checkbox that you clicked earlier will send you a test email to your inbox:
· We are done, now some incoming and outbound checks, Sending an Email activity:
· Status is changed to Sent:
· Received in my inbox:
· Replying an inbound mail:
· Soon enough in CRM:
Happy CRMing and hope it helps!